Thursday 24 September 2009

Winter Coats that will get you noticed

winter coats, hooded cape coats The mornings are now cold, though it still brightens up in the afternoons these days. But we know that it is officially Autumn and I am already layering up and looking to choose a new winter coat to add to my capsule wardrobe. I want something to keep me warm as well as look fashionable.

Practically I must be able to layer up my coat depending on the temperature and style wise my coat must be able to pull a look together.

Here are some favorites I have my eye on. Vivid reds and vibrant purples have been popular this season on the catwalks and so I have my eye on this Hooded Cape Coat. I like the architectural design and the exaggerated structural shape of this coat and know that I will be able to wear it for years to come.

Another vibrant purple coat is this Long Line Coat below by MARIANNE JAMES. It has a lovely shape with its fitted waist and flare bottom. I especially like the big hooded collar to snuggle up in style.


winter coats, long line coat
Now this Rainbow Coat is very Michelle Obama looking and sure to get you noticed when you are out and about even if you are not the first lady. This single breasted, statement wool coat has a full satin lining, and bright contrast binding.

winter coats, statement wool coat
Last on my list so far is this Jazzy Trench Coat. The animal print which is always fashionable certainly appeals to me. May not be the most practical coat when it comes to warmth but I can certainly layer it up with some wool and cashmere sweaters and jumpers.

winter coats, trench coats
Did I say last on my last? Well I meant second to last because for me the most versatile coat is a wrap and I know that this alapca wool wrap will go with everything and will certainly keep me warm. What do you think?
alpaca wool wrap from Munique

No comments: