Thursday 13 May 2010

Layering up the summer day dress

There are just some days when you feel like wearing a summer dress despite the weather outside.  Since it is still chilly for spring, I am going to have to layer up my day dress to keep warm.  Light weight long sleeve jerseys worn under your dress usually does the trick and a pair of jeans under your summer dress is always practical and creates that tunic dress look. 

 I am in need of some day dresses including a maxi dress which no wardrobe should be without.  I do have one white summer dress which I absolutely adore but I was saying yesterday that while I have turquoise jewellery, I do not have much turquoise clothes. So I'm going to make an effort to include turquoise dresses in my short list or at least some dresses with a splash of turquoise and some ethnic prints.   Oh by  the way, Debenhams is having a whooping 25% off right now plus free delivery so I will be taking advantage of this offer.  I've had a good look at their range of day dresses, so many gorgeous dresses to choose from but looking for a splash of turquoise really helped narrow down my choices.  Finally here's my short list.


This brown embellished day dress just screams "garden party here I come!!!!".  I am simply drawn to the turquoise floral print in this dress from John Rocha's collection.


When I'm looking for casual elegance then this blue printed day dress is just what I need.  It looks absolutely comfortable the way it drapes over the hips into a flare.



Well what can I say about this maxi dress.  Great combination of prints, lovely vivid colours and sexy style.... certainly ticks all my boxes. 


I know this strappy dress is no where near turquoise but I do love the colours lime green and brown and the african inspired print ....  very ethnic indeed.



And last but in no way least is this aqua lily print dress.  I have to say I do love them all so how do I choose?  Would love to hear which is your favorite.  When I have decided on a dress or dresses then I can sort of summer leather sandals to complete the look.

No comments: