Wednesday 20 October 2010

eucerin skincare event


Last Thursday I attended a Eucerin skincare event in Birmingham at the Studio.  I took my yoga buddy Safia with me and we didn't 't know what to expect but ended up having a grand evening with a cocktail champagne reception, delicious canapes and some mouth watering fruit smoothies, not to mention a goodie bag of products to take home.

The evening started off with a champagne reception followed by a  welcome and an enlightening explanation by a Dermotologist of how Eucerin anti aging products can be effective. Some of the best bits were getting a one to one with nutritionists, yoga experts and beauty therapists.  Even free facials were on offer. What I liked about the evening was that Eucerin in association with Red Magazine and  Psychologies Magazine were promoting a holistic approach to skincare and the anti aging process. We were sent a food diary to complete prior to the event and the nutritionist took one look at my food diary and said, "you're not drinking enough water". 

So here are some top tips I took away from  the beauty event:
1. How you drink water - I knew that you should drink 2 litres of water a day but did you know that you should be sipping this water slowly throughout the day rather than gulping it down litres at a time when you remember.  Apparently, and it makes sense when you think about it, when we consume too much water at one time it goes straight to our bladder but sipping frequently throughout the day allows our bodies to absorb the water thus alleviating dehydration.

2. Drinking hot water with a slice of lemon first thing in the morning is great for achieving a more alkaline body and reducing acidity. 

3. Nourish your body with antioxidants.  I've been checking out books by Jason Vale (the juice master) on juicing and a juicer is so on my christmas list this year. 

I left the event feeling much more motivated to take better care of my skin.  I have been drinking way more water and using the hyaluron-filler wrinkle filling treatments and anti wrinkle night cream which promises to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and supports regeneration of skin cells.  It's early days so I would let you know how I get on.  But I can certainly say that the eucerin intensive hand cream is really exceptional.  It leaves your hands feeling absolutely moisturized.  As you can see from my goodie bag pictured above, Eucerin has a huge range of anti aging and skincare products to address your individual needs so I'm like a kid in a candy store with these products at the moment.

No comments: