Monday 6 June 2011

Summer necklaces and Miley Cyrus in the Last Song

Since signing up for Sky+ I have become a real recording junkie as if I have the time to watch half of what I record.  In the back of my mind I tell myself that I'm recording shows to fill the time when despite the hundreds of channels on offer I have nothing entertaining to watch.  But as I sat down to my monthly task of freeing up space on my sky box I came across "The Last Song" starring Miley Cyrus and as I am an absolute sucker for a love story decided to take it in. 

The movie had me reminiscing about first love and young love, courtship, the days when romance is all new and you can't see enough of each other.  Kept having to explain to my 5 year old daughter why Hannah Montana was in this movie though.



The story is a well meaning drama about a rebellious teenage daughter whose parents are divorced.  She is sent to spend the summer with her dad who unknowing to her is dying.  The plot centers on Ronnie (played by Hannah Montana) reconnecting with her father on a musical as well as a personal level. 


I simply love watching this music video of "The Last Song" below and am especially taken with the summer dresses which will go well with Munique's new summer jewellery.  These summer necklaces are bright, bold, chunky and full of fun like Ronnie in this moving drama.
 

No comments: