Thursday 15 December 2011

Classic coats

Every winter whether I absolutely need a new coat or not I simply can't resist looking at all the styles of winter coats on offer.  The thing is my myopic vision always sets in and I find myself drawn to classic style coats like this corduroy trench coat for example.

For me this coat ticks three boxes as material, style and colour really hit the mark for me. You can't get more classic when it comes to material than corduroy or more classic than the faithful trench when it comes to coats or more versatile when it comes to colour than brown.

The trench coat has been around for centuries and is the iconic coat for many a detective drama.  The first that comes to mind for me is the ever popular Kojac, I Spy, Ironside and Get Smart with Ann Hathaway sporting a modernised double breasted white trench.

I spotted this coat at Debenhams and now I see that there is a half price on winter coats.  With a whooping 50% off, my trench is now £45.00 down from £90.  Let's hope they still have my size.

No comments: