Friday 2 December 2011

My new vitamix blender

I waited absolutely ages to get myself a new blender after I apparently "smoothied" my last blender out by overloading it with too much frozen fruit. In fact I had 2 blenders neither of which could cope with my smoothie making. In one blender the blades went flying while The spinning mechanism on the other blender simply broke. No chance of that happening with my new vitamix blender which I got from John Lewis.

My friend Sally kept raving about this new blender she bought that could make smoothies, soups, ice cream, sorbets, iced cappuccino, can crush ice, blend bread dough, ground rice and corn to flour. Amazing I thought but when she told me the price I told myself a regular kenwood blender would do just as fine. But since I was still intrigued I did a little more internet research and found this helpful demonstration.



After watching this video clip of vitamix in action I was certainly convinced. The hard part was persuading my husband for as you can imagine it was not cheap to buy. My husband thought I was having a laugh when I told him the price until I dragged him down to a John Lewis a couple of Sunday's ago where vitamix staff was on hand doing a live demo.

The demo is even more exciting up close and personal especially since we were able to sample smoothies, soups, iced cappuccino. At the end of it all, Hooray!!!! my mission was successfully complete, he was convinced and I had my vitamix machine.

 I wasted no time in resuming my daily smoothie making and can effortlessly make myself soups for lunch and grind my curry seasoning. I am yet to get started on the ice cream making but I know I am going to have lots of fun with this machine that is simply more than a blender. With a 7 year guarantee on this product I have absolute peace of mind that I will have and use my vitamix blender for years to come.

No comments: