Monday 29 October 2012

These boots weren't made for walking

What category of shoe lover are you?  Do you do go for comfort, style or a little of both?  Like Cinderella's wicked step sisters we women are prepared to shove our feet in stiletto heels, narrow toe squeezing, bunion burning heels all for the sake of what? - elongated legs and a sophisticated look?  Sounds like a good trade off to me because I know that I am definitely guilty.


These All Saints boots weren't made for walking but they certainly fit the part if you're looking to pull off stay at home mum come fashion diva.  I'm fast becoming a comfort queen as far as shoes are concerned but a girl must have some designer accessories in her wardrobe. The big, chunky wooden heels on these designer knee high boots are so reminiscent of seventies fashion..  Plenty of kudos from me for the solid design and aerodynamic elements that makes these boots so unique and desirable. If heels are your things then these are right up your street.

When I'm buying any expensive item I usually need some endorsement that it's absolutely worth it.  That's where my kids come in as they are the most honest and downright brutal critics pointing out my wobbly bits far too often for my liking.  But I have to say when I slid my feet into these sleek platforms they both gave me the thumbs up.  That was all the convincing I needed that these were the boots for me.

I can't deny I had my suspicions that I would fall over trying to walk in these leather boots but I haven't so far. Been walking around at home in them before eventually taking them out last Sunday for a test run on a  night out with friends with little walking involved. They looked fab but they are high so you won't see me prancing around in them like everyday shoes - totally occasional footwear for me which I pop back into its box when I get home.  I could just imagine that if my wardrobe came alive at night like Woody and Buzz in Toy Story then my other fashion accessories would simply be jealous.

Designer wear is by no means cheap but if you want to look like a fashion diva on a budget then online stores like dress for less must be on your list of stores to visit.

No comments: